GAMP Keys to Success,
Reminders and Parent Signature Page
Keys to Success
1. Come To Class Prepared: be ready to learn with your supplies, with all assignments completed to the best of your ability and neatly done.
2. Listen and Follow Directions: be alert with a positive attitude. Listening in class and following directions, carefully, will save you a great deal of time, energy and frustration, and lead to success.
3. Stay Organized: the amount of work in the subject areas accumulate quickly! It is to the student’s advantage and essential to keep all materials neatly organized in you binder, desk, book bag, and in your designated home study area. It is extremely important that a home study schedule is followed.
4. Ask Questions: questions indicate thinking…which leads to learning…a good thing! Be brave and ask for clarification when something is not understood. This will help your classmates, your teacher, and you! Inquiry highly correlates to intelligence. You are responsible for ASKING!
5. Give Respect: to oneself, to others, to us. A respectful learning environment is filled with trust and safe feelings that encourage ALL students to TRY their best, participate, and not fear making mistakes.
1. When you are absent from school, bring in a note when returning to school.
2. Whenever you are absent from class (for any reason) it is your responsibility to call someone and get ALL of your assignments including Homework and Class work! YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE PREPARED WITH ALL OF YOUR ASSIGNMENTS WHEN YOU RETURN.
3. You will be notified at least one week before a test is given. Quizzes can be given without notice.
4. Homework will be assigned every Monday-Thursday night except for holidays.
Please sign and return this sheet so we know that your student has shared our letter and supply list with you. Thank you for your cooperation and time. We look forward to a great school year. Please feel free to contact us anytime to discuss concerns or your child’s progress.
Mrs. M. Ortiz and Ms. Kamper
______ I have reviewed the letter.
______ I have received the supplies list and calculator letters.
______ I have read the Reminders and Keys to Success with my child.
Questions or Concerns:
Parent or Guardian Signature _____________________________________________